Admissions & Amusements Tax Information:
How Much is the A&A Tax?
What is the A&A Tax?
- It is a MD only tax, mostly distributed to Rockville City (the rate is determined by Rockville City).
- All indoor recreation facilities must pay this tax on all league fees, rental fees & party fees.
- Instructional fees are exempt from this tax
- Sales and use tax exemptions do not apply to this tax see more information.
Why is this fee being added?
- The State of Maryland requires this tax to be paid so Michael & Son Sportsplex at Rockville must add the tax on top of the applicable fees.
- The seperation of the tax on your invoice will provide all customers the total amount that will be paid on their behalf to the comptroller of MD to fulfill the A&A tax requirement.
- Michael and Son Sporstplex breaks the tax out in an effort to show full disclosure to our customers instead of just including the tax in our prices.
- For any questions about the tax, please feel free to check out the comptroller of MD’s website.